UEFA EURO 2020
Announcement made today says all Wembley games under subscribed only advice given regards Wembley is for fans first being over subscribed..looks to me that cat 3 for groups is oversubscribed 7880 applied for cat 3 50% of 12000 = 6000 - 30% leaves 4200 for those in the 70% guaranteed a tick in cat 3 I know they said we could get over 50% but even so ? Last 16 and q/f under 5000 applied over the 3 category’s so far , suppose people are going to miss out if they pick wrong category am I right here ok both instances .
Hi Anthony Have I misunderstood your questions or have you read the email/update figures as ESTC members who have applied rather than tickets available?
In reply to David Lilley:
In reply to Anthony Simpson:
Looking at the advice given by the FA today, it appears they do a separate 70% allocation for each category!I’m on 32 caps and, for example, I should be guaranteed a Cat 3 ticket for the Q/F as there are only 2825 people at or above me in the caps table. The FA are advising that people on 35 caps or below will get a Cat 2 ticket.
In reply to Antony Morris:
In reply to James Siggins:
James SigginsI’ve rejigged my application a little today to try and best play the system for moving categories. I’m currently sitting on 24 active caps with my mate on 22, both looking to follow us all the way ideally.
In view of what Antony Morris has discovered, I would really like some clarity from the FA about how they do their 70/20/10 exercise. For the purposes of this answer, I'm going to carry on assuming that there is one such exercise and that the FA allocate successful members to categories starting at the top of the caps table and working down.
These comments are based on Matthew Isle's latest caps table.
On 24 / 22 caps, you would be in the top 70% of applicants for all Wembley matches. For the group matches, there are more category 3 tickets than members on 22+ caps so you should be successful applying for category 3.
For the semi-final and final, there are more category 3 and 'fans first' tickets combined than members on 22+ caps so you should be successful if you apply for 'fans first' and tick the box that you will accept category 3. But, if what Antony Morris has discovered is correct, then apply for category 3 and tick the box.
For the R16 and QF there is no guarantee that you will get tickets. The option that gives you the best chance is to apply for category 2 and accept category 1, but only if you can afford it.
After amending your application, remember the FA's advice to click 'submit application' otherwise your amendments will not go through.
In reply to Ian Costain:
In reply to Paddy Buckley:
In reply to Daren Lowry:
Daren LowryAnother question: Is it possible for people on the same application to get different categories. For example, if 2 or 3 of us are guaranteed cat 3 and someone else becomes guaranteed at cat 2, do we all end up with cat 2 or does the person that would have got cat 2, but not cat 3, miss out altogether?
You'd think a group application was just that i.e. if members of a group had to move categories ALL would. That way the group is kept sat together not in different parts of the ground?
To participate within this community you need to sign is as an England Supporters Club member here.