UEFA EURO 2020
Good evening chaps,
I know there's a wealth of knowledge flying about on these forums and I thought I'd just create a little thread to try and get a few questions into one for people to read, as I know a lot of people have been wanting the same answers to questions I'm thinking of and you can't always find them easily enough in some of the conversations. My main questions are as follows and any help would be greatly appreciated if you could spare five minutes answering them for me (mainly directing this at top cappers who have travelled home and away for years and know the deal).
1. Is there any reason why we aren't playing a game in Glasgow, considering Glasgow is a host city in our group? If Scotland qualify they get two games at home and one at Wembley, why is it not the other way round.. or simply is it because of the way the draw trickled out earlier on? I love tournament football and yes Wembley will be a different place than usual, but it would have been brilliant to go away to Glasgow for a match, against any of our opponents. I'm assuming it's concrete now that we have to wait till the last 16 to play abroad in Dublin / Copenhagen etc.
2. I have a reasonable amount of caps (22) along with another friend i travel with (around 14 caps). I have had three other friends recently sign up and all obtain 2 caps from the montengro game. Would you suggest splitting the applications, with me and my friend and me as a lead booker (both of us on much more caps than the others) and then the other three apply together with their 2 caps each? If you can think of another way, how please.
3. Are 2 caps likely to get tickets for the group stages at Wembley with 11,000+ expected for ESTC members?
4. Do we need to create accounts through UEFA, or can we use our nations league / Euro 2016 accounts and update details?
5. Does everyone need a UEFA account, or just the lead booker?
6. Are the friends on 2 caps better off applying for higher priced tickets?
7. Are tickets needing to be paid for upon applying, or are they conditional offers should you be successful for not just group games, but all rounds?
8. Is there any way of applying with 5, or are the apps going to have to be split as mentioned above?
Thanks in advance for any help.
In reply to David Lilley:
In reply to Joseph Allen:
In reply to Ian Costain:
Ian CostainIt should be noted that, in applying for these tickets, there isn't a need to give the names of any guests.
Perhaps UEFA don't request this information at the time of application, but this is what the ticketing T&Cs say :-
3.25. Successful Applicants shall be required to provide the following personal data of their Guest(s), along with any other personal data both for the Successful Applicant and their Guest(s) as required under Applicable Laws (the details of which will be notified to the Successful Applicant on the Ticket Portal), by such method and within such timescales as communicated to them by the UEFA Parties: surname, first name, date of birth, country of nationality and Passport or ID number. Any failure to provide the required Guest details within the timescales communicated to Successful Applicants shall result in the cancellation of the Tickets allocated to the Successful Applicant.
The T&Cs also say :-
7.1. Except as expressly permitted in Article 7.2, any resale, transfer of Ticket(s), offer or advertisement of Ticket(s) for resale or transfer, whether for free or for consideration, is strictly prohibited.
7.2. The Successful Applicant shall be permitted to: a. transfer Tickets to his/her Guest(s) (the details of whom were provided in the Application Form) provided that (jointly): i. the Successful Applicant will attend the relevant Match together with his/her Guest(s); ii. the Tickets are for their personal use; iii. such permitted transfer is free of any extra consideration over and above the face value of the Ticket; and iv. Guests, by accepting the transfer of Tickets from the Successful Applicant, agree to be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Whether UEFA have the means and the will to enforce their rules is another matter.
To participate within this community you need to sign is as an England Supporters Club member here.