Ask any question
I read a post a couple of days ago (under the link the FA shared about second chance sales) where Martin Parkes asked about people applying for tickets with no intention of actually purchasing the tickets (or words to that effect).
Was just wondering if he got a response and if this is something that could be easily fixed by charging fans to declare their interest (a nominal £5 would be enough of a deterrent) and then deducting this fee off the price of their ticket once they complete the purchase?
i know the FA get criticised for some of their decisions on here but surely the fans should be helping themselves
For example - The Lithuania game is in October. We were made to apply 4/5 months in advance. Lot's of people have jobs/family/other commitments. If you force people to apply 4,5 maybe even 6 months in advance you are gonna find people who apply to secure a ticket before confirming nearer the time. That's why it's called 'registering your interest' and not 'purchasing a ticket'. To expect everyone who registers to commit to the game in October with no exceptions is utterly ridiculous I really doubt there are people with absolutely zero intention of going who decide to apply, just for a laugh. It's more likely lots of people are unsure if they could make it. I have absolutely no idea why people are even bothered by this. It makes minimal difference really. Either you have enough caps for a ticket or you don't in which case these people have the same chance of getting a ticket as you however likely or unlikely this may be
In reply to Jason Watson:
Jason, you make a good case and I might be inclined to agree with you if it were not for a couple of things. The register of interest often does open several months before the match. But the time between the register of interest closing and the ticket sales window closing is usually quite short. In the case of the Lithuania game it is only 1 week. Yet most of the members who "find that they can't go for family/work reasons" discover this unwelcome fact during the short period that ticket sales are open. Hmm ! Sounds more like they didn't give the matter any proper thought until they were allocated a ticket. For oversubscribed games, the members who are disadvantaged are those who didn't have enough caps to be in the 70% but would have been in the 70% if tickets had not been allocated to the time wasters. If there are 400 tickets in the 2nd chance sale, a typical number, then that means there were 280 members who would have got tickets in the 70% but instead had to take their chance in the 30% ballot or the 2nd chance sale. Then there are the games where the FA negotiates enough tickets to meet demand. The FA managed to get 4200 tickets for the Malta game on the basis of the register of interest and then found 900 members didn't take up their allocated tickets. The FA are still trying to shift these spare tickets. In the meantime, Malta sold out the home areas in 10 days and have unsatisfied demand. What will the Maltese FA think when they get unsold tickets returned to them and they see empty seats in the England end. They'll think that next time England come, we won't give them the full allocation which they request. A similar thing happened for the France game when the FA got around 2900 tickets on the basis of the register of interest and only around 2200 members took up their tickets. This makes our FA look stupid and weakens their hand when trying to negotiate ticket allocations on our behalf.
In reply to David Lilley:
In reply to Matthew Isle:
In reply to Steven Ocsko:
In reply to Julian Turner:
In reply to Daniel Rigler:
To participate within this community you need to sign is as an England Supporters Club member here.
England v Slovenia
Thursday 05 October 2017, kick off 19:45
at Wembley Stadium
Lithuania v England
Sunday 08 October 2017, kick off 17:00